NO GORKHA NO LAND

AS THERE IS NO COMMUNITY NAMED "GORKHA" THERE SHOULD NOT BE ANY LAND NAMED "GORKHALAND".

Thursday, July 1, 2010

REMEMBERANCE OF THE THINGS PAST 1

I AM IN TOUCH WITH  subash ghisingh, THE gnlf  chief since 1986. So far  I REMEMBER  I  WAS THE FIRST JOURNALIST WHO TOOK HIS TAPE  RECORDED  6 HRS LONG  INTERVIEW  IN REAGARD TO  WHY A DEMAND FOR GORKHALAND RAISED . ON THAT VERY DAY I  ALSO RECORDED THE LIFE OF SUBASH GHISHING FROM HIS CHILDHOOD. AT THAT TIME I WAS WORKING  FOR the hindi daily JANPATH SAMACHAR.  THE SAID NEWSPAPER IS STILL PUBLISHED FROM SILIGURI. PROBABLY IT WAS IN THE MONTH OF MAY1986. BEFORE THAT THE FIRST hint  made by me in A weekly newspaper named BICHITRA BISWA  which was publication of one mr. himangshujyoti kundu, who was himself the editor of that newspaper. THE news item was made by me  in one of the march issue is  that : gorkhaland movement is getting momentum and in the coming days the movement will be aggressive. The newspaper was well circulated but the administration was not serious to take the matter. From the month of june 1986 gnlf started their agitations in the  3 hill subdivisions of the darjeeling district. In the meantime i joined JANPATH SAMACHAR. SOON AFTER MY JOINING I GOT THE ASSIGNMENT TO GET AN INTERVIEW OF SUBASH GHISINGH  AND TO MAKE AN ASSESMENT OF THE SITUATION PREVAILING IN THE HILLS. FROM THOSE I WAS AN EXTENSIVE TRAVELLER TO DARJEELING HILLS AND I WAS STARTED TO WRITING A REGULAR ITEM NAMED gorkhalands diary IN that newspaper.The diary has got the tremendous popularity.WHILE I WAS WORKING FOR THE DAILY MEANS JANPATH SAMACHAR I STARTED TO CONTRIBUTE MY WRITTINGS IN aajkaal, the bengali daily. My REPORTINGS IN aajkaal was first published in 9,10 and 11 august of 1986 in front page in three conscutive days. while i was reading my those articles i found that on the very first day of my reportings i alerted the government  that if you are not going to take action it will be not  be a permanent headache for both the union govermnment and state government of west bengal, it will be like a CIVIL WAR. I think now bothe government feeling the heat.   TUSHAR PRADHAN

No comments:

Post a Comment